Founder and President Sharon Ranson, FCPA, FCA, ICD.D
Experienced Coach from the Executive World
Founder Sharon Ranson’s unique capabilities come from a combination of:
- 20 years of front-line executive experience in business:
- Top-ranked financial services investment analyst
- Highly respected portfolio manager
- Director of a major investment dealer
- Board roles in private and public sectors
- Successful 10-year track record coaching executives, entrepreneurs and professional service partners across many industries
- Experience working with a range of clients from Fortune 500 companies to owner-managed companies
- Certified executive coach
Sharon Ranson founded The Ranson Group in 2002 to respond to the growing demand for coaching at the executive & senior levels of corporations.
The Ranson Group specializes in executive coaching for the financial services industry, professional services, post-secondary institutions & top-tier companies.
Corporate Executive, Financial Services
- ICD.D, Institute of Corporate Directors
- FCPA, FCA
- MBA, Finance, York University
- B.Comm., Queen’s University
Professional Coaching Credentials
- Certified Professional Co-Active Coach (CPCC)
- Licensed in Team Management Systems (TMS)
- Adjunct Professor, Smith School of Business, Queen’s University, Master of Finance
- Portfolio Manager, TAL Global Asset Management (division of CIBC)
- Director and Institutional Equities Salesperson, BMO Nesbitt Burns
- Director and Financial Services Research Analyst, RBC Capital Markets
- Auditor, Peat Marwick Mitchell & Co. (now KPMG)
- Sprott Inc.
- Smith School of Business, Queen’s University
- Echelon Financial Holdings
- Continental Bank of Canada
- Borrowell Inc.